Audiobook Review: Fourth Comings

Fourth Comings 

Author: Megan McCafferty 

Publisher: Macmillan Audio 

⭐⭐⭐💫

Fourth Comings is the fourth book in the Jessica Darling series and follows post-college Jessica as she navigates life and relationships in her 20s. Jessica is living and working in New York City, still best friends with Hope, and still with Marcus. When a break-up attempt turns into an unexpected proposal, Jessica is thrown for a loop and had one week to decide if she wants to marry Marcus.

Four books into the series, I am still very much enjoying Jessica's brutal honesty and snark. After listening to three of these books in audiobook format, I am still very much convinced that Jessica Darling is meant for audiobook format and that the narrator is a perfect fit for these books. Going into Fourth Comings, I continued to be interested in what was next for Jessica, especially with her relationship with Marcus. The proposal was......unique, to say the least. I generally liked the format of the book, how she was writing to Marcus throughout her thought process, even though sometimes it was just ouch. However, this book started to lose its edge for me a bit, and I felt ready for Jessica's answer earlier than it arrived. That said, still liking the series, and I'm looking forward to book five. 3.5 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley and Macmillan Audio for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont