All That Fills Us is out today!

Finally, one of my favorite books of the year (so far) publishes today, and I am beyond excited to share my review. All That Fills Us is exceptional and outstanding, and I can't wait for readers to check this one out. 

All That Fills Us by Autumn Lytle

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

All That Fills Us is the story of Mel, a girl with an out of control eating disorder that has landed her in the hospital multiple times. With her family and doctors at the the end of their rope, Mel decides to try to heal in her own way first: by hiking from Grand Rapids to Mount Ranier National Park. The trip would be difficult for the healthiest of people, and Mel will need to rely on the kindness of strangers to get her through this trek.

All That Fills Us is such a great book. Great does not even begin to described how much I loved this book, it is easily one of the best books I have read in a long time. Mel is such a good lead that goes through so much throughout her journey: the reader will feel for her yet get so frustrated with her at the same time. The author took great care with covering the topic of eating disorders/compulsive exercise and really brings the reader into Mel's mindset. I loved the use of kind strangers that she meets along the way and how they all have struggles of their own. Another great note is Mel's complicated relationship with God, and how she never really loses her faith along the way. Finally, reading the afterward and also the author's website gave me even more of an appreciation for this book. I'm am so glad the she chose to share parts of her story in this book. I absolutely loved All That Fills Us and cannot recommend it enough. 

Thanks to Netgalley and Revell for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: A Royal Christmas Fairy Tale