Book Review: Crash Course

Crash Course

Author: Alyssa Wilde

Publish Date: April 9, 2021

Publisher: Independently published

Review: 5/5 Stars

Crash Course is the story of Arden, whose life is turned upside down when she is involved in a horrific car crash. Held behind for her last year of high school, she is stunned to find that Henry, the man who saved her life during the accident, is now her creative writing teacher. The closer they become, the more they realize they cannot deny their feelings for one another.....but there are more than a few bumps in the road that can tear them apart.

The subject matter in this book is not a topic that I am generally fond of for a number of reasons. However, the cover, description, and reviews were enough to make me want to give it a chance, and I am so glad that I did. A debut novel? Really?? This book is so well written from start to finish that I could have easily finished reading it in one sitting. Arden's story is very engaging, and she has many different levels to her character. It is interesting to read about all of her struggles and how she deals with her trauma. The relationship between Arden and Henry is the epitome of a slow burn; I would find myself looking at the book percent completion and going wait, seriously? The plot twists kept me on the edge of my seat, and I just could not get enough of this book. A fantastic debut novel, and an all-around great read.

Thanks to BookSirens for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont