Book Review: Take Me Home Tonight

Take Me Home Tonight

Author: Morgan Matson

Publish Date: May 4, 2021

Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing

Review: 4/5 Stars

Having previously read and very much enjoyed a few of Morgan Matson's books, I was so happy to see Take Me Home Tonight up for review and to have the chance to read this book. Once again, she did not disappoint. Take Me Home Tonight is the story of best friends Kat and Stevie, who take a trip to New York City after Stevie's father cancels birthday dinner plans with her. As soon as they arrive in the city, nothing goes as planned, and their night takes them on many unexpected adventures, both together and apart.

I found myself thoroughly engaged in this story from beginning to end. Both main characters were very interesting, and it was easy to relate to/root for/want to yell "noooooo" at both of them at various times in the book, so the eventual multi-narrative was appreciated. My one criticism is that I did not really care for Teri's story; I understand why it was included and was mildly interested during parts of it, but it felt mostly unnecessary. The continuous change of events kept me on my toes and did not feel overdone. Everything wrapped up well, and this was an overall very well written and fun book. I would recommend it for any YA fan.

Thanks to Netgalley and Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont