Book Review: We Are the Babysitters Club

We Are the Babysitters Club

Various authors 

Publish Date: July 6, 2021

Publisher: Independent Publishers Group

Review: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

We Are the Baby-Sitters Club is a collection of essays and visual commentary on The Baby-Sitters Club books, as well as the multiple spinoff series that followed. Topics range from friendship, fashion, race and sexual orientation representation, and more. 

Reading We Are the Baby-Sitters Club was an immediate trip down memory lane. Before I made it through the introduction, I found myself trying to figure out who I most identified with (likely a Mary Anne with some Dawn and Mallory mixed in) and looking back at the synopsis of the California Diaries series. This book was sweet and thought-provoking at the same time; a great combination of an ultra-fan's dream book along with a critical review of relevant topics that are as important today as they were when the original books were published. I really enjoyed the graphic novel portions of the book and laughed/cried my way through the Jaded Quitters Club (yes, I just looked back at it again while writing this review for another laugh). I loved this book, and now I need to go search my parents house for my California Diaries copies.

Thanks to Netgalley and Independent Publishers Group for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: A Royal Christmas Fairy Tale