Book Review: Sweet as Pie

Sweet as Pie

Author: Alicia Hunter Pace

Publisher: HARLEQUIN - Carina Press

⭐⭐⭐

Sweet as Pie follows the relationship between longtime friends Evans and Jake and......it's complicated. Evans runs a small-town pie shop and is happy with her life just the way it is. When Jake comes back to town to join a new local hockey team, they once again become a part of each other's live. Evans and Jake must choose between staying stuck in the past or starting over new.

Sweet as Pie has a great premise: a small-town setting, local pie shop, and complex love story. The relationship between Evans and Jake has a lot of baggage, and they hit many twists and turns on their journey back to each other. I liked their story as a whole, and stayed curious to read what would be the outcome of their relationship. The book had a tendency to drag a times, and it took longer for me to read it than I expected. Still.....I'm a sucker for books with a food theme to them, and I stayed hooked reading about the pies. Pick up a copy of Sweet as Pie if you like romance reads with a side of sweet desserts. 

Thanks to Netgalley and HARLEQUIN - Carina Press for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only You in Everything review

What If Jesus Was Serious about the Church?

All That Fills Us is out today!