Book Review: A Calculated Whisk

A Calculated Whisk 

Author: Victoria Hamilton

Publisher: Beyond the Page Publishing 

⭐⭐⭐⭐

A Calculated Whisk is the tenth book in the Vintage Kitchen Mystery series. Jaymie is stunned by the suspicious death of Jace Vance, and looks to help solve the case. But when prime suspect Alicia Vance is murdered a short time later, Jaymie quickly finds herself in over her head. She will not leave a single stone left unturned, even if the search may leave her in danger.

A Calculated Whisk is the first book that I have read in the Vintage Kitchen Mystery series and I found it easy to read as a standalone novel. I am still new to the mystery novel genre, and I enjoyed reading this book. The story was darker than I expected, and I mean this as a positive note; the fact that it is based on a true story likely adds to this feeling. I liked Jaymie's character and found her to be rather relentless when it came to solving this case...even when people asked her to stop. The twists will also keep the reader interested throughout the book. A Calculated Whisk is a good mystery novel that will leave the reader wanting to read the earlier books in the series.

Thanks to Netgalley and Beyond the Page Publishing for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont