Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Chasing the Stars 

Author: Melanie Hooyenga

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Chasing the Stars is the second book in the Campfire Series and follows the story of Naomi and Hunter. Naomi runs a podcast with her brother and is not a big believer in love at first sight. Hunter is incredibly focused on his future and doesn't have time for distractions, including romance. But when they finally meet on a family camping trip, sparks fly and the stars may just align for these two.

One thing I absolutely LOVE is a book with a good cover, and that is the number one reason I went out of my way to try to get an ARC of Chasing the Stars (a big thanks again to the author!). The second thing I can't get enough of is a book with a camping/outdoor/nature setting. So two big boxes checked for this book. I liked the dual POV telling of the story, and enjoyed reading the book from both Naomi and Hunter's perspectives. The romance aspect is told in a very age appropriate manner, and I have to say I really appreciated this. All of the supporting characters were a lot of fun, and they helped make the camping trip come to life in the book. Chasing the Stars is a fun and sweet YA novel; I would recommend it and will also be adding book one to my tbr list.

Thanks to the author for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont