Book Review: Cuttle

Cuttle

Author: Chelsea Britain 

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Cuttle is the story of Nora, a biologist who has spent the better part of the last ten years in a lab studying cuttlefish. Now that her research is complete and her cuttlefish are ready to retire, Nora is left with the realization that she has missed a lot. She begins to navigate the dating scene again and tries to embrace life in her thirties.

I am on a serious roll with books by debut authors this year. I was initially drawn to Cuttle based on the cover and description (and it probably doesn't hurt that my husband has a marine biology background). Cuttle is such a fresh and fun story that I easily read the book in one day. I adored Nora's character and the way that the author wrote her internal monologue, often relating her experiences in the dating world to the world of marine life. Nora is written on the spectrum, and I found this topic to be handled well throughout the book. Her relationships with her friends and potential love interests also help drive story and keep the plot engaging. Cuttle is a great book and and an incredibly impressive debut.

Thanks to BookSirens for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont