Book Review: Autumn by the Sea

Autumn by the Sea 

Author: Melissa Tagg

Publisher: Larkspur Press 

⭐⭐⭐💫

Autumn by the Sea is the story of Sydney, who longs to find her real family. Her search brings her to a small seaside town in Maine and to Maggie, who has spent a great amount of time looking for her granddaughter. Sydney is not the first potential granddaughter to come into Maggie's life, which leaves those around her (Neil in particular), skeptical of Sydney's intentions.

The setting in Autumn by the Sea is gorgeous and really does a lot to set the stage for the reader. Beautiful coastal small towns, I just can't get enough. I liked the continuous theme of lost and found families throughout this book, and everyone has their own story to contribute. Sydney, Maggie, and Neil are all great characters, and how their paths intertwine creates a good book. My main critique is that while I loved the setting and plot, I struggled to stay engaged at times. That said, I may be in the minority on this one, so I would still encourage readers to check out Autumn by the Sea. 3.5 stars.

Thanks to Netgalley and Larkspur Press for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont