Book Review: Lies My Memory Told Me

Lies My Memory Told Me 

Author: Sacha Wunsch

Publisher: Inkyard Press 

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Lies My Memory Told Me is a dystopian YA novel with a focus in the concept of Enhanced Memory: the ability to share a person's memories and their experiences seemingly without any of the potential risks. Nova's parents invented the Enhanced Memory, and she and the rest of the world are becoming more and more reliant on the technology. When Nova meets Kade, a strong critic of Enhanced Memory that tries to stay under the radar, Nova is forced to confront the downsides of Enhanced Memory and the nagging feeling of something she is missing. 

I'm pretty surprised at the number of negative reviews of this book. I found Lies My Memory Told Me to be a fast paced read that kept me interested for basically the entire story. I had major Minority Report/Matrix/Circle vibes throughout the book, and looked forward to what was lurking around each corner. Nova is a good main character, and her experiences with Enhanced Memory and those around her are ever-changing in each chapter. The twist is pretty unique, and will leave the reader questioning the characters' values as it is not straightforward. Give Lies My Memory Told Me a chance if you are interested in psychological thrillers or are looking for a different kind if YA book.

Thanks to Netgalley and Inkyard Press for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont