Book Review: Rules of Falling

Rules of Falling 

Author: Leslie Tall Manning 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Rules of Falling follows Erica, who suffers from the fainting disorder syncope and has a less than normal life because of it. Her best friend Lindsay helps by staying by her side at all times, but a rift drives a wedge between the two as Lindsay begins a relationship with a married man. Erica quickly finds herself buried in secrets, which all begin to come to light as a string of mysterious fires hit her town.

Rules of Falling gave me a lot of the same vibes as i am Elephant, i am Butterfly, and I am just as impressed with this book. Once again, I had to take a step back and let it all sink in before writing this review. Lots and lots of things going on here: chronic medical disorders, predatory relationships, arson, and more. How did this all fit into one book and still manage to flow and read well? Color me impressed. And while Erica is the lead and a great one at that, I found myself fascinated with how Lindsay's character was written. It's easy to get so frustrated with her, but when things start to go wrong, the reader is reminded of how young she is and how this impacts her choices and outcomes (parents: her story is incredibly important to read). I also feel like I should have seen the twist coming, yet I was completely caught off guard! I could keep going, but I'll just leave it at this: pick up a copy of Rules for Falling when it publishes, readers will not be disappointed.

Thanks to BookSirens for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont