Book Review: You Can Go Your Own Way

You Can Go Your Own Way 

Author: Eric Smith

Publisher: Inkyard Press

⭐⭐⭐

You Can Go Your Own Way is the story of two rival gaming businesses with ties to family and old friendships. Adam works at his old family owned pinball arcade, which he carries a strong connection to since the passing of his father. Whitney helps out at a chain gaming cafe run by her father, who is trying to buy out Adam's pinball arcade. A snowstorm brings Adam and Whitney together, and helps them stop trading insults and start mending their broken relationship.

I liked the brief description of You Can Go Your Own Way and initially thought the book would be right up my alley. The setting of two different gaming businesses with rival families built a lot of interest, and the highlight of the book was definitely the humorous banter and fighting between all of the local businesses. Beyond my initial interest, I unfortunately had a hard time staying engaged with the story. The family conflicts were well-written, but the sudden romantic relationship between the two main characters did not necessarily work for me. I think a good amount of YA readers will enjoy this book, especially those with a gaming background; it was just an up and down book for me. 

Thanks to Netgalley and Inkyard Press for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: Well-Offed in Vermont