Finally: Always Jane is out today!


Always Jane by Jenn Bennett was one of my most anticipated books of the year and is also one of my favorites reads so far this year. So, please enjoy my review of Always Jane and check it out yourself!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Always Jane follows Jane, an eighteen year old girl who works with her father every summer at Lake Conder, assisting a music producer and helping with the town's music festival. This summer, Jane has a lot going on: she is recovering from an accident that left her with a brain injury and also planning on moving in with her boyfriend, Eddie. When Eddie leaves town, feelings between Jane and Eddie's brother, Fen, come to the surface and throw some big changes Jane's way.

Jenn Bennett is my favorite YA author, so I was beyond excited to have the opportunity to read and review Always Jane. I'm a big fan of Bennett's writing style, and Always Jane gave me a lot of Starry Eyes vibes....which is a very good thing in my book. I loved Jane as a lead and appreciated how complex her story was. Seriously, this girl is dealing with so much: recovering from a brain injury, a love triangle, family drama, and more. It's a lot, and I would expect nothing less from a good YA novel. I liked the dual POV and reading chapters from Fen's perspective; it added an extra layer to not only his and Jane's relationship, but his relationship with his family. The book was the perfect length, and I stayed very interested until the very end. I highly recommend Always Jane to YA readers and I'll be shelving this one next to Starry Eyes and Alex, Approximately on my list of rereads.

Thanks to Netgalley and Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Her Dark Seduction (Featured Review on Netgalley!)

Book Review: Chasing the Stars

Book Review: A Royal Christmas Fairy Tale